On 7/4/07, Giorgos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!!! :-)

 hi

> Is someone here, familiar with it?

what do you take for familiar? i have used it sometimes and it worked
fine to me...Win95 for basic stuff....i'm also in the quest of writing
a driver for FreeDOS in order to allow one to use the shared folders
(it seems that no VM has shared folders for FreeDOS at all...at least
in my experience: VirtualBOX, VirtualPC and VMWare don't have
it)....i've browsed the virtualbox sourcecode but i cannot find (yet)
the exact point where it allows the SO to read/write the local
folder...all i could find was a LOT of WinNT kernel-mode driver
code...

> Can he compare it with VMWARE Server? Is
> it better or worse? Is it faster or slower? Is it emulating FreeDOS
> properly? What about (free) support options?

well, since VMWare Server is freeware you can make you own tests with
it against virtualbox...i don't use vmware so i cannot tell much...i'm
also not sure about support options

just a correction: virtualbox (and others) does not 'emulate'
FreeDOS...they emulate (or at least try to) a full standard x86
machine...the strategy to achieve performance is to let x86 native
code run as x86 native code and not to interpret it with the
vm....vmware implementation does this as well as virtualbox's....in
the VM they create, one can install FreeDOS, or any Linux flavor, or
Windows, or BSDs, or anything else wich seems to be an operating
system

> If someone is familiar with it, please share his experience - opinion, with
> us.
>

> THANKS!!!
> Giorgos. :-)

Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of
programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a
computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human
beings what we want a computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other."
(http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And
while I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write
software." (Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')