Hi all -

One issue I encountered both while trying to install FreeDOS under Linux
and on its own dedicated partition had to do with the networking setup. As
I recall one is presented with 3 options:

1) DHCP (default)
2) static IP Q-and-A
3) Edit .cfg manually

(I'm paraphrasing there)

Since I have a static IP I chose (2) and entered the relevant #s. When I
was done, however, the setup complained that a nameserver was not found
... but I was never prompted to enter one! Things pretty much hung up
there.

I tried again with (3), manual entry, but found it strange that this also
presents one with a file with no place to enter nameserver. It is easy
enough to type nameserver=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but I wasn't certain I was using
the correct configuration/naming convention whatever.