> Ahhh okay you mean you selected the "edit file" option of
> the network setup menu. Well I guess you still have network
> troubles.

I guess the main issue there, for me, was that the install just seemed to
hang forever, rather than dump out to any kind of "networking is not
working" message with a choice to reconfigure or advance without
networking.

For what it is worth I am playing with FreeDOS on a Dell Inspiron 4100.
1000mHz Pentium III.