Hi Aniruddha,

> > I try to install FreeDOS on an old Compaq but unfortunately the
> > installation hangs at "Configuring DHCP". Is this a known bug?
> > How can this be fixed?

> The only way I could leave was shutting down the pc (ctrl+C didn't work)

This is a known problem. If you do a FULL (not only base) install,
several packages will be downloaded from internet, but it is not
at all easy for FreeDOS to automatically configure the internet.
It often hangs. I think it should not be done like that by default.

My standard recommendation is to install without the packages which
require internet during install. Of course you can always add the
internet stuff again later :-). For a list of packages, check:

> "I would recommend to install without network, see:
> http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?n=FdDocEn.FdInstall
> You can find a list of internet-using packages here:
> http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?n=FdDocEn.FdDependencies
> ..."

Eric