Hi Geekdude!

I know this problem, but Blairdude (who is the current expert
for FreeCOM command.com) says he cannot reproduce it. So it
would help us a lot if you could try to find a way to make
the "every so often" happen more often or maybe even at more
predictable moments, then Blairdude could analyze and repair
that problem :-).

As a kind of second choice workaround, you could use 4dos
instead of FreeCOM command.com as the SHELL. The 4dos for
DOS is now free and open source :-). But please try to
help Blair and FreeDOS with some hints about that "stops
to execute programs" problem first. Thanks... :-).

Eric

hey thanks i think 4dos came with the cd ill be sure to try that.

for me it seemed to happen when i was makeing syntax errors while moving or
copying directorys, using delltree, or when certian programs return to dos,
but that is basicaly all i have been doing with it so far so it could be
coincidence. i have also had it happen halfway through unzipping something.