> Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 06:03:37 -0500
> From: "kurt godel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Here's a dumb question about the 'xcopy ' command: I have a source directory
> called 's', and a destination
> directory called 'd'; Both of them are in the same directory, say 'c'. If I
> do: cd d, then xcopy s /s /e, I get a
> "cyclic error"; but if I am more explicit and use(again from inside 'd'):
> xcopy c:\s /s /e, then it works perfectly.
> Is this a quirk of the 'xcopy' version in FreeDos, or do they all do it? I
> mean if it's cyclic in the one case,
> it should be so in the other?  kurt   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Kurt, while I don't know about the particular quirks in the FD version
of xcopy, I do know that it's always best to specify both the source
and destination in your command line whether it's the xcopy from
MS-DOS, PC-DOS, DR-DOS, FreeDOS, or the xxcopy utility. Even if the
destination is just specified as "." (current directory", you're more
likely to get the results every time. Just a good practice.