Eric,
actually, I tried to put the 98 on top of the FreeDos *both ways*, once from
FreeDos, and another time with a
bona fide 98 floppy boot image, which I had put on a cd (iso image, etc.).
The latest thing I tried was to first
load the fdos to 'c', reboot, then reboot again off the 98 cd boot cd. Then
I xcopied the works to the 'd'
logical drive, reformated the 'c' drive, installed 98 to that, then from 98
copied the works(fdos) back onto 'c'.
Of course, the same result: could not load the cd driver, since the drive
letters get bumped making the par-
titions.  I'm going to try again with 98, then fdos, and going to windows
with sys c command. TNX, kurt.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.