Hi!

>> If I wanted to protect my mona lisa, I would
>> encrypt it and put the key in the first 640k
>> where I can be sure the BIOS wipes them :-p
>
> You can only encrypt the harddisk, not the RAM.

Yes you can encrypt and/or compress RAM, but of
course you get lower performance. Extreme case
would be encrypting all pages apart from the one
you are using, automatically, hand having a task
which re-encrypts all pages as soon as you no
longer touch them for a short time. For important
data such as keyrings, it is certainly worth the
effort to encrypt it in RAM and only decrypt it at
the moment when you actually have to work with the
real data...

> When using FDE the RAM
> is always unencrypted by design, no way.

What is FDE?

> If you encrypt something in RAM you can not see it. :)

If things were like that, you could not encrypt disk, either.

> Usually you have to hide more then just 1 MB.

Not if you use encryption, then you only have to hide keys.

Eric