David C. Kerber escreveu:

> Of course, that was in the days when CPU speeds were 200MHz - 300MHz.  I
> imagine it has sped up just like DRAM has in recent years.  SRAM is still
> used in the L1 cache on many cpu chips, but is pretty much gone from from the
> motherboard.

:)

> I guess my EE degree has some use after all!!!  :-D

That is not enough, I have one too, but I don't do fast digital circuits
for many years. That explanation didn't occur to me, nor did I see
anything even similar to that anywhere.

People tend to use invalid arguments to support good conclusions, making
things just confusing. And that is every time more common :(

Alain