On Sunday 08 March 2009 14:40, Shane Baggs wrote:
> When I push F3 immediately after booting, garbage characters display.
>
> When FreeDOS has been running for a while, the command prompt will return
> without the command executing.  Rebooting will "fix" this for a while.

Hi,

I experienced similar troubles in the past. It appeared finally that the EMM
manager I was using was not-so-compatible with my chipset hardware. Upgrading
to the latest JEMM386 fixed all my problems. :-)

To upgrade your FreeDOS system easily, you can use FDUPDATE. This program will
check in what versions your local packages are, and upgrade them using the
repository at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/fdupdate/
Of course, it requires a network card with a working packet driver.

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/pub_key