Okay. I would really like to use FreeDOS, preferrably the full-install CD,
and definitely with USB disk support. Problem is, the NIC in the computer I
want to install it on (a 3Com 3C595-TX) does not appear to be recognized by
either the default packet driver or the manufacturer's DOS driver, unless it
requires some fiddling with the PCI arguments (which are, frankly, over my
head.) And a large portion of the packages, including some absolutely
critical ones like the USB mass storage driver, seem to rely on the
installer's ability to use wget to download the latest version off the
Internet. Is there a way around this problem, or am I SOL without a more
commonly-supported network card?