John Ames schrieb:
> Okay. I would really like to use FreeDOS, preferrably the full-install CD,
> and definitely with USB disk support. Problem is, the NIC in the computer I
> want to install it on (a 3Com 3C595-TX) does not appear to be recognized by
> either the default packet driver or the manufacturer's DOS driver, unless it
> requires some fiddling with the PCI arguments (which are, frankly, over my
> head.) And a large portion of the packages, including some absolutely
> critical ones like the USB mass storage driver, seem to rely on the
> installer's ability to use wget to download the latest version off the
> Internet. Is there a way around this problem, or am I SOL without a more
> commonly-supported network card?

There are many USB drivers for DOS. You either boot USB or you have USB
legacy support in BIOS or you boot from non-USB and load a DOS USB
driver, the panasonic one works best for me. All infos here:
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.USB

For network drivers read here
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.PacketDriver
also try netbootdisk.

Post back if you have no success. Good luck!

regards,
-mr