> But just to say the last word about this thread: please avoid warez,
> sources and links to any other illegal activities.
>
> Thanks.
> Aitor

Downloading commercial software that you own a copy of for personal
use is not illegal.  Downloading old commercial software that isn't
sold anymore which the author doesn't care about is not illegal.
To be illegal, the owner of the intellectual property has to raise
suit and why would they over someone using the product personally?
The people breaking the law are those who try to profit off
the software without paying the owners of it anything.

I disagree strongly with the notion that using commercial abandonware
is illegal or criminal in any way.  If commercial software were never
shared, it would never have the popularity that it enjoys.  I'm not
against paying for the use of commercial software, but if the author
of the software doesn't care about it, why should I be prevented from
using it?  I can't pay for the use of a commercial program that isn't
sold anymore and I am not interested in being fleeced by a third
party seller which probably doesn't have a right to sell me the
program.

I have never talked about the source code of commercial software nor
have I ever suggested that people go to a site that hands out source
code.  In fact, I don't know of any sites that hand out the source code
to commercial software.

I have never suggested that anyone else nor do I myself profit from
my use of software downloaded from http://vetusware.com.  I don't
make money off of this abandonware.  I don't even provide a source
for other people to download it from.  I allow people to download
battletech I and II from me if they want to, but those programs
are so old that I seriously doubt there's an issue.

I don't appreciate this late, I have the moral high ground tone
that you are taking Aitor.  I am not a pirate.  I do not go out
and get whatever commercial software I can without paying for
it only to turn around and try to sell it.