> The JAM.SYS driver now passes the OEM number check, but it always hung
> my VMware session. Maybe you have better luck.

There's probably more to it. JAM doesn't know about FAT32, and if I recall
the documentation correctly, it apparently accesses low-level DOS
structures (DPBs) and devices directly. This will definitively not work if
the host drive is FAT32, but might even cause problems only because the
DOS version supports FAT32 at all. A FAT16-only FreeDOS kernel binary
might fix the problem.

Regards,
Christian