>> Such disks would have to be "installed" into DOS ...
>
> OK, so it's trivial to add them into INT $13 and make
> available for WDE disk editor, IDEcheck, NTSC4DOS and
> other "DOS-independent" tools based on INT $13, but DOS
> won't see them for a known design fault of itself ...
> what IMHO could and should get fixed.   Allowing UIDE
> to add them into INT $13 (while now no DOS will see them)
> still would be a good idea IMHO.

I doubt other applications would be able to use devices that
the main DOS system does not know about.   "IMHO", better to
leave the BIOS design as-is, as too many people "mess it up"
already, and I do not want to be part of that sad list!

> BTW, do you support MW-DMA?

No, UIDE does not support it.   I never saw "hard" specs for
multi-word DMA, similar to the 1994 Intel specs for UltraDMA
that ARE relatively "hard" and followed by most chip makers.
Multi-word DMA never achieved the speed of UltraDMA, anyway.
The "standard of the industry" for disk/CD/DVD drives, since
about 1997, has been UltraDMA.   UIDE permits "PIO mode" for
CD/DVD drives, as "audio" and other CD/DVD commands MUST use
"PIO mode".   No such requirement for hard-disks, and as few
old PIO/MWDMA disks remain in service, not "the best use" of
my time to add such code in UIDE.   Japheth's XDMA32 has it,
if you really need it.