Japheth wrote:>>>>
If your program runs in a Windows DOS-Box, but causes a page fault in DOS or
DOSEMU, then there's a good chance that it erroneously uses a NULL pointer for
memory access. This is a pretty common error, and AFAIR there is a switch for
cwsdpmi to disable the "page 0 protection". You can also test with HDPMI's -m
switch:

C:\>HDPMI -r -m
C:\>your_program.exe

If your program runs in this configuration without page fault, there is a
"forbidden" NULL pointer usage inside your program.>>>>

 Japheth, I tried what you said: 'hdpmi32 -r -m' then the exe , and it ran
perfectly. Then I executed 'cwsdpmi -x' and the exe, and again, it ran
perfectly. The one remaining question is how do I "build-in" the '-x' switch
for the djgpp header? The
 sandman site never mentions this, and the delorie
archives are ten years long. When I tried to use the delorie search engine,
it kept bouncing, saying the '-x ' keyword was too short;must be at least three
letters! Tried combining it with 'switch', but it still singled out the '-x'
part.
Sent email to delorie;waiting on that. I'm sending this one from yahoo 'cause
the gmail one won't let me include previous postings in the compose.
--kurt<wb2...@gmail.com>.