On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Geraldo Netto <geraldone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i can't confirm this, but supposing dosemu runs
> as user mode software on top of linux, we should have no problem
> running on other arch(?)

No. DOSemu is a sort of dedicated virtual machine for running DOS
under Linux. It runs DOS natively on x86-32, just trapping the
hardware interrupts & so on with which DOS communicates with the
hardware so that it can run safely & cleanly under the multitasking
Linux kernel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosemu

To run DOS on non-x86 architectures, you would need something that
emulates an 8086 CPU, at least, and preferably an 80386 or better.
Examples include BOCHS or QEMU, although QEMU would be more
complicated as it emulates many different computers as well as
PC-compatibles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bochs

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lpro...@gmail.com
MSN: lpro...@hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508