Hi!

I'm sorry for this offtopic question, I just think there might be people who
knows the answer I'm looking for several days now :)

I am trying to run a Windows 3.11 installation in Virtualbox. Unfortunately,
Win 3.11 comes "natively" with a driver for VGA (640x480) only, and the
so-called "SVGA" driver included with Win3.11 is not VESA compliant.
I used Japheth's patch to fix the native svga driver to be VESA compliant, and
now I am able to get a resolution of 1024x768 with 256 colors. However, for
some mysterious reasons, this patched driver is not compatible with network
(!). That is, I installed the TCP/IP stack for Windows 3.11 to be able to use
samba shares, but then the screen is garbled everytime I try to boot Windows
3.11 with the patched driver. When using the regular VGA driver, there's no
problem with network or display.

So, do anybody knows if there is any way I could make Windows 3.11 working with
nice (non-VGA) graphic in VirtualBox *and* network? (the problem with Japheth's
patch seems to be some related to the inability of the driver to recover the
screen after closing a MSDOS session screen...)

Best regards,
Mateusz
--
You'll find my public OpenPGP key at http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/pub_key