Em 20-05-2010 01:28, jasse...@itelefonica.com.br escreveu:
> Liam Proven<lpro...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Don't try to create 3 primary partitions - in DOS
>> terms, that is an illegal layout.
>
>   Interestingly, illegal in MSDOS and PCDOS, but
> both FreeDOS and DRDOS accept this layout (I tested).
>   Anyway, shouldn't FDISK make the right layout
> when requested to create multiple partitions?

No it has never been ilegal, and it allways worked just fine. I use
these since forever... what happend is that most tools did not have a
way of making them, but if you know how to make them it allways worked
since MSDOS-3.

The rules of letter attibuting are very strange:
1) the first (sometives the active) partition of each drive
2) all extended partitions from each drive at a time. There were issues
as to sequences in recurrent extended partitions.
3) all remaining primary partitions of each drive.

There is one restriction: most RD-DOS versions can only boot from the
first partition, which should of course be primary and active. This is
just a bug.

Alain