Hi all,

I make a small empty image and using FreeDOS CD to install FreeDOS on
it by using qemu. It looks good to boot. There are three memory
management methods.

1 - Load FreeDOS with EMM386, no EMS (most UMBs), max RAM free
2 - Load FreeDOS with EMM386+EMS and SHARE
3 - Load FreeDOS including HIMEM XMS-memory driver

Three of them work fine. But when I use memdisk(syslinux package
provided) to load the image, only 3rd option but work other options
will hang. Because I need to make a FreeDOS Live CD so I need memdisk.

The attachment is when I select 1 and 2 options output. The system hangs.

Also I tried memdisk memory management methods like int, raw, bigraw
but still get the same result. So what's going wrong on earth? Is
there any way to fix that?

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Eric