Christian Masloch wrote:

>> Could you tell me how do I modify this file?
>
> You have to save the JEMM386.EXE file somewhere on the image, then replace
> "C:\FDOS\BIN\EMMM386.EXE" in both lines it appears in with the path to and
> file name of JEMM386.EXE. The options (behind the EMM386.EXE path) should
> work with JEMM just as well.

But virtualization / emulation might be special.
Let me quote Jemm's README.TXT:

 * If Jemm halts or reboots the machine, the following combinations
   of parameters may help to find the reason. Generally, Jemm386 should be
   loaded immediately after the XMM (HIMEMX.EXE, HIMEM.SYS), and the XMM
   itself should be the first device driver to be loaded. For testing, it
   might also help to prevent DOS from loading in the HMA and/or not to
   use UMBs at all.

   - X=A000-FFFF NOHI NOVME NOINVLPG

     This is the safest combination. If this doesn't work, Jemm most
     likely isn't compatible with the current DOS/BIOS.

   - X=TEST NOHI NOVME NOINVLPG

     This is slightly less safe, since Jemm will scan the upper memory
     region to find "unused" address ranges usable for UMBs. If this
     doesn't work, one has to manually set X=xxxx-yyyy to finally
     find the region which causes the troubles.

 * Jemm has been verified to run on the following virtual environments:

    Qemu, VMware, VirtualPC, Bochs, VirtualBox

   However, it might be necessary to set options NOINVLPG and/or NOVME.

Robert Riebisch
--
BTTR Software
http://www.bttr-software.de/