 >> But note that I'm looking for /free software/ games, not merely
 >> /freeware/ ones (i. e., «free as in freedom».)  The particular
 >> intent is that those interested in programming could be given

 > Minesweeper and Sokoban clones:

 > http://chukaev.ru54.com/soft/mines.zip
 > http://chukaev.ru54.com/soft/pusher.zip

        Thanks!  Actually, most of the software at [1] could be useful
        for the event just as well, as almost everything has an explicit
        free software license notice.  (With the sole exception being
        CLK.)

[1] http://chukaev.ru54.com/progi.htm

--
FSF associate member #7257.  SFD in Barnaul: http://sfd.am-1.org/