Hi all,
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried copying the old (0.9) KERNEL.SYS and
COMMAND.COM onto the drive, but no luck, the same error on trying to
compile. I had downloaded FreeDOS1.0 from freedos.org, but it only had
the 2036 kernel. I'm reluctant to do a full install, as it will knock
out my grub dual boot to Linux and I'll have to redo that.

I'm running Borland C++ version 2.0 as the compiler. I'll keep plugging
away and let you all know if anything happens.

Jim