At 07:28 PM 3/28/2011, Alvin P. Schmitt wrote:
>Hi -- I am a newbie to freedos. Does FREEDOS only use the XT
>register set when compiling programs? Thanks. Alvin...

Well, beside that FreeDOS itself doesn't compile any programs, what
do you refer to as "XT register"?

What x86 level of registers you can use depends on the compiler (and
of course target CPU) you're using. And to some degree if you are
compiling your programs for plain "real mode" or if you are using any
kind of "DOS Extender". But then I guess you wouldn't ask such a
question in th first place...

Ralf