Hi Alvin,

> Hi -- I am a newbie to freedos. Does FREEDOS only use the XT register set
> when compiling programs? Thanks. Alvin...

If that is a 16 / 32 bit related question: If you want
to compile C programs to run in 32 bit mode in any DOS
including FreeDOS, you can use modern compilers such as
DJGPP (GNU C and C++ for DOS, delorie.com) or OpenWatcom.

If you want to compile 8086 compatible programs, you can
use OpenWatcom or classic compilers like Turbo C but not
DJGPP because the latter is only for 32 bit. For others,
it is usually a command line option of the compiler to
select which CPU you want to be compatible with.

Eric