Op 21-9-2011 22:09, Ralf A. Quint schreef:
> Sorry, I think it is more feasible to use any of the million and a
> half "calc/eval" programs that are out there for DOS...

I've always wondered why you by default can't perform any arithmetic
operations in an operating system (DOS) that's designed to work on these
big calculators we call personal computers.

The lack of such abilities is just as ridiculous as the inability to get
the directory part out of a full (directory) path. Or to get the full
drive/path/name of the batchfile you're currently running.

[C:\FDOS] --> [FDOS]

Long live 4DOS I guess (despite some quirks)