On 10/1/2011 10:54 AM, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
> Are there quota enforced in your FTP server?
> * 2GB/4GB per file
> * total storage allowed for FTP server's data directory
> * speed?
> * etc
>
> Let's say FTP server is only allowed to
> * store 100GB on a 2TB disk. 0
> * Meanwhile each IP 50GB max (lifetime? daily?)
> * Each session 10GB
> * Each file 2GB max (or 4GB? or more?)
> * Max incoming speed 300KB/s
> * Max incoming speed per user 100KB/s
> * Max outgoing speed 90KB/s
> * Max outgoing speed per user 30KB/s
>
> Any download managers looting your server by creating 4+ connections
> simultaneously? Or FXP clients (server-to-server thus) ?
>
> Just curious to limitations. I should probably go read the documentation
> again sometime :)

The answer to all of those questions is, well, not yet. ;-0

- I rigorously check the paths and drive letters to keep people from
touching things that don't exist and might cause a DOS error message
that hangs the program up.  (That is new this month, to be released
today.)  I also check for special files to avoid the user overwriting
something like "PRN:" or "CLOCK$".  But I rely on the OS to do the final
layer of checking; if I can open the file then it is suitable for writing.

- I don't monitor or enforce quotas.  When the filesystem runs out of
space the write to the file fails, and I check for that condition.  As
Jim has demonstrated. :-)

- I don't monitor or enforce any sort of speed limits.

- I have it on the todo list to allow the sysop to limit the number of
connections per client.  But it's not implemented yet.

The quota and speed type limits would be too difficult to enforce for a
lot of situations.  It's not feasible on the smaller hardware that I
target.  Even on a reasonable sized machine, scanning a directory and
subdirectories to add up file space would take a while.

Mike