From: Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl>
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] sys.com not executable on Windows 7 64bit

Op 13-10-2011 21:44, Wayne Graves schreef:

> Unlike .exe's you can't set compatability on .com's
>
> I suspect sys.com just writes the boot block on the target device ? Any
> sugestions ?
> Thanks

Microsoft removed the 16bit compatibility layer on 64bit operating
systems, sorry. As we don't have a 32bit/64bit version of SYS :
* for floppies I'd recommend using WinImage and just write a downloaded
FreeDOS floppy image file to diskette.
* for USB flash drives I'd recommend using the HP USB Formatting tool
followed by Syslinux bootloader.

What are you wanting to use SYS on/for?
Sometimes a virtualisation product can help a bit.