2011/10/14 Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de>:
> bug ro feature ? I don't see any files with long filenames.
>
> Shouldn't they be visible with their short filenames
>
>   filena~1.exe

Misfeature, I'm afraid. From the readme.txt: "Does not support long
names (long names and/or with illegal characters are ignored)"

I've added it to my to-do list with a "maybe" because this would
complicate things a lot. The hgfs server has no support for short file
names, so I would have to:

1. Provide a persistent way of associate long and short filenames
(maybe a ".longnames" file in the host) and add a locking mechanism so
concurrent modifications from two or more virtual machines do not
cause troubles.
2. Even with that, if the filesystem is modified by the host or by a
virtual machine running, say, linux or windows, you'll have a problem.
3. Increase complexity of path searches as the driver would have to
check if each and every path component is a shortened name
4. Others I haven't think of yet

Best,
Eduardo.