Hi,

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Max B.N <yazapo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally got desire to mess with network in FreeDOS.
> I got somewhat the same results as you did: ping, wget works. arachne
> does not and takes 100% of CPU in VBox.
> But i think you missed this thing from Hansen VBox webpage:
> Here's how i did it:
> And now run 'arachne' and it should work.

Sounds good! Big thanks! I'll have to dig up the courage to try this later.

(Assuming this works reliably, FreeDOS should probably include Arachne
by default, but I don't want to pressure Bernd anymore, heh, just
thinking outloud.)

> Sadly it has no cyrillic so its useless. :D

I think there is an APM font editor somewhere (Ron's page??). I know
that's not a perfect solution, but hey, in theory I think? it should
be possible to fix. (Disclosure: I don't grok any Cyrillic languages,
so I can't personally help much more than that. Maybe Lucho knows.)

EDIT: Here's what a quick search finds:

http://www.glennmcc.org/apm/

"CP1251.APM CP-1251 (Windows-1251) font set (includes Cyrillic
characters, for East European languages). Size 134 KB"

"fedit.apm 40924 bytes
Font editor for ARACHNE WWW Browser.
(Cannot edit system font 8x14.fnt)"

I don't know if that works the way you expect or not. (Presumably not
since I'm assuming you're savvy enough to have found or tried this
already.)