Hi Eric,

I don't have a lot of experience myself, but a lot of my fellow hackers
who specialize in obsolete machines have reported problems with CF
cards.  While CF cards are supposed to emulate IDE devices, a lot of the
newer ones do not support CHS addressing and do not work in older
machines.  The DOM style products are designed to be drop-in
replacements, so there will not be an issue.

Older CF cards generally work as IDE substitutes.  Newer ones may not.
On the topic of wear leveling I would go with the DOM products, as they
are designed as hard drive replacements.  It's pretty easy to burn up
FLASH so wear leveling is important.

Mike