On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
> Op 1-2-2012 17:56, Manjunath ML schreef:
>
>> I am trying to use a USB memory disk along with FreeDOS. I am a running
>> a CAM software and need a facility to transfer drawings from other
>> computers to the PC used to run the CAM software and USB Memory disk is
>> the simplest way. Can anyone let m know if this is possible and how.
>
> The RUFUS utility is a program you can run on Windows, it will make your
> USB Flash Drive bootable so you can start FreeDOS from USB-stick.
> [ http://pete.akeo.ie/2011/12/rufus-dos-bootable-usb-formatting.html ]

Whether this works will depend upon your BIOS.  The box I have FreeDOS
on will boot from a USB floppy drive, but *not* from a USB stick.
BIOS limitation.  I can't see a USB stick from FreeDOS either, because
no driver is available that can do it.  (I've looked at the USB
drivers for FreeDOS, and they don't handle the method the box uses.)
______
Dennis