Kenneth J. Davis <jeremyd@fd...> wrote :
"Improved support for sectors other than 512 bytes has been committed,
I am still working on it, default support will still be for 512 bytes
(currently not while testing).  I have tested 256, 512, 1024, and 2048
byte sectors with tdsk (currently my only way to test).  Using max
sector size higher than 3KB sizes corrupt memory chain during init
(haven't tracked down yet)."

Nice move Jeremy ! I'll be sure to test trial it as soon as you are able
provide a compiled kernel without the  MCB corruption problem

You are mentioning the 2K bytes/sector limitation with TDSK : conincidentally I
too had the idea of using Ciriaco de Celis's tdsk, which I downlmoaded
yesterday from FreedOS repository with an aim of checking (MS)DOS's problems w/
4K sectors and found this annoying (in the circumstance) TDSK limit.

TDSK is maintained by, IIRC, Mathias Paul - isn't Mathias on this list ? If so
I was going to ask him if he couldn't do a quick and (not so) dirty build of
the ramdisk driver with increased bytes per sector to ,at least, 4K instead of
2 ?

Regards

--
Czerno