Just a note, Folks, /who/ said "advanced" format disks (presenting 512 byte
sectors) are with us for ten years - or more, so we should be little concerned
about having to support true 4K sector disks ?

But I stumbled upon a couple pages that say otherwise : "the industry" has
agreed to sell AF disks only *until the end of 2014*! This if true is way
shorter than 10 years, and would IMO justify real work done on updating the
kernel. I've not kept the links, ooops! but Google is our friend (is it?)

By procrastinating one would be doing the same kind of costly mistake than,
say, for IPv6 support (lack of it).

Regards

--
Czerno