I want to be able to play vinyl records, I have a Hauppage PVR150 card
connected via PCI to my P3 system.  Under Windows 2000, I can use the
card to run my Playstation II through the monitor.  It may also be
possible to run the record player through the soundblaster 16 PCI
sound card.

Honestly, a more powerful computer emulating an OS that can support
plugging in a record player, playstation, etcetera could be very nice
potentially.  I don't know if anyone has ever connected a record player
to a computer (Vinyl) in a dos environment.  The base OS could be a
hypervisor I suppose or a very lightweight gnome/Linux environment.
I'm thinking VMWare possibly, but VirtualBox is free and also possible.

If I go the more powerful machine route, I'll want to emulate.  In
modern hardware, what is the best machine to run Freedos, Windows 98SE,
Windows 2000, etcetera simultaneously on virtual hardware?

By the way, I got ReactOS to boot finally.  Trouble is, the CDROM isn't
recognized or usable and the device manager has a long ways to go before
it can reliably support adding drivers to the system.  Freedos came in
very handy to edit freeloader.ini.  I don't think ReactOS is designed to
operate off of a secondary or tertiary hard drive, something it needs to
be designed for.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of thought right now
concerning ReactOS on real hardware.  I'm not even sure what pace the
project is progressing at at the moment.  I check the web site and
occasionally see it mentioned that this or that has been fixed looking
at the SVN logs, but there hasn't been another newsletter lately and it
looks like 2-3 months is going to be the new release cycle.

Good news is, ReactOS works even when I turn all of my hard drives on in
the bios and boot from Bare Metal.  I have to set up Freedos, WIN98SE,
and Win2000 to be hidden though.