On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 00:26:04 -0400, Michael C. Robinson
<plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:

> I want to be able to play vinyl records, I have a Hauppage PVR150 card
> connected via PCI to my P3 system.  Under Windows 2000, I can use the
> card to run my Playstation II through the monitor.  It may also be
> possible to run the record player through the soundblaster 16 PCI
> sound card.

Running the audio from a record player into a PC should be no problem,
although you will probably need a preamp if the record player doesn`t
already include one. I don`t know about using an SB16 PCI under DOS, but
ISA Sound Blasters and ESS Audiodrive, etc. were pretty useful under DOS.
I used to run a program called DSS (link on this page
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.Mediaplayers

)

I`ve never heard of TV cards being usable under DOS (unless you count one
of those ancient screen grabbers like "Computer Eyes" or the like)