Hi,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>        Again, would dual boot be a good idea?
>
> I've been multibooting about 20 years, with DOS on a 1st HD primary included
> in most cases. It's really not difficult to set up or use any DOS version via
> multiboot.

Vista and 7 let you resize the native NTFS partition (which typically
uses the whole physical drive). But they changed the boot manager, so
you'd have to grab (third-party, freeware-ish) EasyBCD or similar to
configure it (if and only if you've backed up your data and installed
others properly).

It might be easier to just set up a VM. Or find out why DOSEMU doesn't
work with KEYB (dunno).

You have to be very careful not to overwrite the MBR or mess up the
partition table. Dual boot (etc) is "easiest" with a clean computer
and physical install media (CD-ROM, floppy, etc).

Oops, almost forgot Rufus, you can install FreeDOS (or MS-DOS) to USB
and boot that:

http://rufus.akeo.ie/