Agreed, we can be better with the news items. I think some of the more
recent posts have been improving along these lines, though. But as we
post new news items, we'll try to provide a bit of context for what
the program does.

Our news item about WCD 5.2.2 at least explained the "WCD" name as
"Wherever Change Directory". But it needs more definition to what WCD
*does*:

9/4/12
Erwin Waterlander released WCD 5.2.2 - Wherever Change Directory. Most
noticeable is the automatic wildcard expansion is turned off for all
DOS and Windows versions. This saves some unexpected behaviour.
Support for the Open Watom C compiler has been improved a lot. You can
use Watcom now to build all DOS and Windows versions and do
installation and create packages, and you can also to build wcd for
OS/2 with Open Watcom. Download from http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/

The update on Zerofill is better, and provides an explanation to what
the program does for you:

9/9/12
Javier has released a minor update to his Zerofill program, which
writes zeros on the empty disk space for the selected drive. This
helps virtual machine and disk compression programs to compact the
volume, and so in reducing its disk usage. Version 1.02 has some code
cleanup. Also, the Zerofill webpage has moved to
http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=ZEROFILL