On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste-family.net> wrote:
> Another question: how are you storing your files on your FreeDOS
> systems? As far as I'm concerned, I usually store games in a separate
> directory, and other stuff under a 'programs' directory. But maybe other
> categories would be needed? (like 'devel', 'emulator', etc...?)

My approach is hybrid.

The originally FreeDOS structure created by installing from CD is
intact, but there are additions.

I'm an old Unix guy, so part of the file system emulates unix.
There's a \bin directory with DOS versions of common unix uitilities.
Device drivers live in \dev.  Config information lives in \etc.
There's a \home\dennis directory, and a \usr directory, with a
\usr\bin directory below that. Various user installed applications
live under \opt, like aseasy, word, TDE and wpshell.

Outside of the unix-like structure, there are directories for 4DOS,
docs, games, batch files, and a few other things.

> Mateusz
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519