On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:32:18 -0500, Michael Robinson
<plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:

> Windows 98 sort of running on top of a DOS system doesn't work with
> ipxwrapper-0.4.0.  There is an error that iplphapi.dll can't be found
> or something similar.

Why do you need an ipx wrapper on win98? You can install the IPX protocol
natively under the network control panel and DOS programs running within
Windows will be able to use it.

> Hmm, I guess I could run 2000 instead even though the computer is only
> a K6-2 500 and I'd probably have to search for SIS 530 W2K video
> drivers.

If SIS 530 has a VESA 2.0 BIOS you could try the VBEMP universal driver.

*snip*
> I'm sure there is a dos driver for my Realtek 8139 10/100 network card.

This is quite likely. RTL8139 has drivers for everything. Even NT 3.51.
Even Amiga.