On 01/03/2013 07:52 AM, Aitor SantamarĂ­a wrote:
> Now I wonder myself if any of these two variants will dominate in the
> future, or if there will be a third different approach to the future of DOS.

For those of us who use DOS for its simpleminded "I do what I'm told and
that's all I do" functionality, the option of running DOS as the
operating system is important. Emulators are no good, for whatever is
running the emulator is also running other time-critical programs that
will carve out slices of CPU time. If there was a Linux kernel in which
the user could turn off everything that isn't in DOS, that would be a
way out.

Jim