Hi, (yet another inane response from me)

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Jack <gykazequ...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> It's really too bad, though,  that MS won't make it official and release
>> the MS-DOS source as public domain, or at least one of the various
>> open-source licenses.

How would that be better than what we already have with FreeDOS? The
kernel and "BASE" are already GPL or similar open source, but we still
don't get jack squat help from any other free/libre groups. They don't
care at all, they're too busy chasing whatever other goals. A
free/libre license isn't enough to attract volunteers.

> "Surely you JEST!", my friend [are joking]!   "Gates & Co." are charter
> members of the U.S.A.'s "All we want is MONEY!" brotherhood!

If all they wanted was money, they'd still sell it. Maybe it's still
on MSDN, I have no idea.