Hello all,

as I am trying to get a working serial port emulation under DOSEMU I would
like to use the freedos version of mode.com . I need to remove the if clause
that checks whether the serial port number is invalid (<1 or >4) as I'd like
to configure COM5. I found the code in mode.c and changed it but I don't
know how to recompile. Makefile said something about nasm so I installed
nasm on a virtual DOS machine and did "nasm makefile" but there were a few
errors saying "error: label or instruction expected at start of line". Seems
like these lines were comments.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks,

Hans