Hi!

> After a fresh install of FreeDos, I found turbo c 2.01 is terribly slow to
> run.

That depends on what you mean by Turbo C. The IDE (editor) of it?
Compiler? Some program written in Turbo C? What kind of program?

> even the speed of scrolling the screen is unacceptable. However,
> when I unloaded FDAPM, turbo c became normal.
>
> Is there any work around? Is it a bug in Turbo C or in FDAPM?

Which other drivers do you have loaded and what type of hardware
is this? Do you also use Do you also use the FreeDOS kernel power
saving function IDLEHALT at the same time? With which settings?

If "FDAPM APMDOS" puts the CPU on idle too often, slowing down
your programs, try "FDAPM ADV:REG" or "FDAPM ADV:MIN" instead.
The default setting is equivalent to "FDAPM ADV:MAX" there. You
can see the current setting with "FDAPM STATS" :-) Of course in
the MIN setting, less energy is saved. REG is a good compromise.

Regards, Eric