On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 05:16:01 -0400, Shane <shan...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> You need PCMCIA socket services and card services.
> These load before the network card drivers.
>
> Most computers used SystemSoft CardSoft 3.1 for that, but your Toshiba
> Tecra 8000 uses a "Toshiba ToPIC-95B" PCMCIA controller which isn't
> supported by that version of CardSoft.

Toshiba liked to rebrand other manufacturers' chips as their own by
changing device IDs and whatnot. It might actually be some Ricoh, CL,  or
Intel part, although I'm not certain.

> There is a Toshiba Card Manager 3.0 at
> http://driverzone.com/drivers/toshiba/control/ as pcmcia30.zip.
> It appears to be a rebranded PhoenixCard Manager, so if that version
> doesn't work you may be able to find a later version of PhoenixCard
> Manager.

This is dated '94 so it's most likely too old for a Pentium II.

In my stuff the only thing I could find was PhoenixCard 4.0a which is
dated '96. http://www.hyakushiki.net/junk/busdrv.zip
I know I used it on a Pentium I but am not sure if it would work for the
OP's system.

Cardsoft does sound familiar. Maybe this would work:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS002471