Hi, sorry for late reply,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM, dmccunney <dennis.mccun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Dinosaur <j...@tubejoiners.com> wrote:
>
>> I have searched without success to see if I can enable some sort of Boot.log
>> file which records all the boot steps and results. Is there such a thing ?
>
> The closest thing I can recall is a TSR called PERUSE that captures
> stuff written to video memory, and can capture the messages various
> things wrote during the boot process.

Records during bootup itself? As in BIOS messages? Or just DOS
(kernel) stuff? Sounds difficult. That's not really what we're trying
to find out here. We just want to identify any obvious problems.

I vaguely remembered a similar program, but I couldn't quite remember
its name. Well, I finally found it:  SCRIPT11.ZIP (Doug Graham, p.d.
with sources), though that probably won't log stuff "during the boot
process". Just FYI, for completeness:

http://www-ftp.lip6.fr/pub/pc/garbo/pc/screen/script11.zip

Assuming it isn't just your local DOS configuration or some obscure
bug, then we're talking about some kind of incompatibility with either
the cpu or similar. Did you ever try a simple DJGPP / C program to see
if it behaved similarly? Can you try FreePascal? And obviously try to
minimize loading unnecessary drivers, TSRs, etc. And compare to what a
normal PC running DOS does.

P.S. RayeR (on BTTR's Forum) just got an 86Duino, so maybe you can ask
him there.

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/board_entry.php?id=13720