On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Corbin Davenport
<davenportcor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's radio equipment that the software manages, it might not run in the
> Windows command line or DOSBox. It probably needs direct access to the
> hardware, which I don't think either provide.

Multitasking OSes don't provide underlying access to the hardware of
the computer they are running on, because the app can't assume it's
the only thing running with full control of the machine.

But radio equipment will be seen as an attached peripheral, and there
shouldn't be any problem about a DOS app in a VM or an emulator
communicating with it.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519