This is fantastic (and quite unexpected) news, thanks for sharing!

I noticed that QV got some interesting support for external sound
drivers. This looks really nice, I'm wondering whether it would make
sense to design such an "official" API for newly created (and/or
newly-ported) apps... Of course there is the eternal argument about "no
new software will appear for DOS), but still, having such 'official' API
could only be good in my opinion. Apparently, there are still people out
there, ready to create drivers for DOS, such an official API would at
the very least allow to archive their work, enforce some minimal
(opensource) rules, etc, avoiding their effort going to waste... I'd be
curious to know, what is the community's feeling about this?

Mateusz