On 1/30/2015 7:43 AM, dmccunney wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Rinaldo Guelpa <guelpa...@telkomsa.net>
> wrote:
>> Hello Friends,
>> I wish to use the dosbox in an 2.5 gig computer to run some text based
>> programs I am not into games.
> Which programs?
>
>> Can someone help me please help. I wish to use the windows screanreader if
>> possible.
> You may want to look at vDOS instead.  vDOS is a fork of DOSBox,
> specifically intended to run character mode DOS business apps on
> Windows.  See https://sourceforge.net/projects/vdos/
+1 vDOS is a much better choice than DOSBox if you do not intend to run
games. Even parallel and serial port might work, which usually is a
no-go in DOSBox

> I have no idea whether it works with Windows screenreader, but it seems
> likely.

Same here, still have my vision and the last time I dealt with a
screenreader for a client, that was still in DOS (and more recently,
someone using text mode only Linux)

Ralf

---