Don Flowers composed on 2015-06-04 11:26 (UTC-0400):

> All but one of my computers have parallel ports (the advantage of buying HP
> Enterprise machines off-lease)

Parallel ports on a PC aren't much of a problem. PCI add-in cards with
parallel ports are available new, and there are probably hundreds of
thousands of them around used as pulls from retired PCs.

> - I'm just trying to find a reasonbly priced
> Dot Matrix printer :^)

Adjusted for inflation since they were the standard printer type, prices now
are much less than they were 30 years ago:
http://www.newegg.com/Dot-Matrix-Printers/SubCategory/ID-631?Order=PRICE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828289009 looks exactly
like my 25 year old 24 pin GSX-140.
http://choiceprinters.com/dmsc/Citizen_GSX-140_AH10-M01.html